Home security concerns are not just for homeowners- renters have to take steps to secure their property as well. As a renter, you may face a unique set of home protection challenges depending on where you live.
Apartment buildings are high traffic areas, making it difficult to identify potential security risks.
- Use deadbolt locks
- Take advantage of peepholes
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially in dark
stairways or parking lots
Townhouses and condos are an easy target for opportunistic crime.
- Keep doors and windows locked
- Get to know your neighbors
- Install appliance and light timers
Fire, carbon monoxide, and intruders are a common threat to homes everywhere. A monitored rental security system from Renter Alarm Co. and these simple steps can help ensure your safety.